FAHC - Feed A Hungry Child is a non-profit organization started by one of the fellow bloggers, V.K.N of My Dhaba. The immediate mission is to help feed hungry children one by one and join the fight against global poverty.
You can read all the details pertaining to the working of FAHC at Feedahungrychild.org
You donate by clicking on the widget on the left of the screen. Indira of Mahanandi is arranging a raffle to benefit this cause.
Each $25 donation will give you one raffle ticket towards a prize (Details of prizes are given below).
After you donate, please forward your payment confirmation message to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly specifying which prize or prizes you are interested in.
Do mention how many tickets per prize, for example, a donation of $50 will buy you 2 raffle tickets. For all correspondence by email, please use the same email address that you have used for your Chip-in contribution. This helps to validate your entry to the raffle and to contact you should you win a prize.
For each prize, a raffle winner will be picked. The event will close on 23rd October and raffle prize winners will be announced on 25th. If you need more information about the prizes, please contact Indira at email@example.com.
List of Raffle prizes
1. Grains, Greens and Grated Coconuts, Recipes and Remembrances of a Vegetarian Legacy by Ammini Ramachandran - courtesy Indira
2. A Gift Box of Spice Extracts - courtesy Anjali Damerla of Supreme Spice
3. Two copies of Complete Digital photography by Ben Long - courtesy Bee and Jai of Jugalbandi.
4. Two autographed copies of Indian Home Cooking by Suvir Saran - courtesy Suvir Saran
5. Two autographed copies of the just released cookbook American Masala by Suvir Saran - courtesy Suvir Saran
6. Two prizes: Dinner for two each, wine included, at Suvir Saran’s restaurant Dévi in New York City - courtesy Dévi, Suvir Saran
7. Two ready-to-wear children’s sarees in red and green colors - courtesy Manisha of Indian Food Rocks
8. A beautiful painting done by Shilpa of Aayi's Recipes.
9. Two Fair-Trade Goodies Bags from UK from Padmaja of Spicy Andhra
10. A Personalized Ceramic “Vindu” Plate from Mythili of Vindu
11. 30-Minute Meals ~ by Rachel Ray from Siri of Siri’s Corner
12. I would like to add one more raffle prize, a box of Icewine Dark Chocolate, which I got from my recent trip to Canada. They are a rare kind of chocolate in which Grapes are naturally frozen on the vine in Canada's frigid winters and then harvested and pressed. The wine from the juice has a luxurious flavor and is a speciality from Canada. Shipping is included.