Friday, March 9, 2007

Paneer Bhurji




I love Paneer and so does my lil' sis, whenever we meet we discuss new ways to incorporate paneer into our ever growing repertoire of paneer recipes. Paneer Bhurji is the easiest of them all, hardly takes any time to put together. Here is my recipe for a simple yet nutritious bhurji.

1 cup Chopped Paneer
1 onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
1/2 green bell pepper chopped
1 green chilli chopped
haldi, chilli pwd & garam masala as per taste
2tbsp oil, jeera, hing

Heat oil, add jeera & hing. Add onion & bell pepper, saute till onion is translucent. Add tomato, haldi, chilli pwd, salt & cook 2mins. Add paneer & mix well. Cover & cook a few mins, sprinkle garam masala & mix. Don't overcook this subji. Garnish with corriander & serve. You just can't go wrong, I promise!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You said it right paneer has a special place in Indian cuisine. I can it it just like that without cookimg it :)) Bhurji looking nice :)

Richa said...

thanks Archana. This brings out the true taste of paneer and not of any masala. You can grate the paneer as well.

Sharmi said...

hey
I too like it that way . Damn easy right?

Richa said...

Sharmi, it is one of the quickest paneer dishes that I know of, make it pretty often.

Swapna said...

Hey Richa,
Some days back I had made Tofu Bhurji just like this..It tastes good..U shud try it
Swaps

Richa said...

hi Swapna,
one of these days I'm going to dare & try the tofu. somehow I can hv tofu as part of a dish, but all by itself, now that is a challenge :-)

Kribha said...

Anything with paneer is my kind of dish. Your recipe is so simple that I will surely try it. thanks for sharing.

Richa said...

welcome to my blog kribha.
this recipe is simple and quick and paneer is always well liked.
do try it.
thanks